Saturday, November 08, 2014

Mother Nature

Mother Nature

As I mentioned in last night's sneak peek post, I started working on putting together another outfit based on items from the Fantasy Gatcha Carnival, when I suddenly found myself wanting to look like a faerie. Once again, it all started with a new hair from Exile. When I realized how well this adorable new updo shows off my pointy ears, I immediately had visions of a glamorous elf in a slinky gown. I checked out the Fantasy Gatcha Carnival's website, found a dress that would suit my needs and could be obtained with one machine play, and hailed a cab.

Mother Nature

I then decided that I wanted to have more delicate ear decorations than the spiral horns of my trusty Changeling Ears by Schadenfreude, so I headed off to Mandala where I found these AMAZING ears! You get 2 sizes - long and short (I'm wearing the short) - with multiple appearance options. You can have plain ears with no decoration at all; choose between painted ear tips, feathers, and beads/studs - or have all three. (If there's a way to only change the options on one ear, I couldn't figure it out.) Additionally, you can change the color of the ear paint, and texture and glow settings of all of the jewelry.

Mother Nature

After splurging on my ears, I decided it was time to get frugal and sort through all of the gatcha duplicates my friends sent me upon my return to SL. I'm glad I did, because among them was this gorgeous headpiece by Miamai. The trio of hummingbirds hovering around the leaves made me feel like Mother Nature, so I poked around in my older inventory items and unearthed some Material Squirrel wings which still look beautiful. Finally, I went to La Boheme to take advantage of the 50% Off sale they're having on slink-compatible nail HUDs this weekend. (So the mani/pedi in this post only cost me $25L.)

Mother Nature

A quick search for a fantasy location for the photoshoot yielded Elven Forest, where I found the animated butterfly attachment and a set of rose vines that, should I choose, could wrap my entire right arm from fingertip to shoulder. A shopping expedition for poses which make it easy to photograph fingernails lead me to Infinity and their gatcha machine full of firefly jar animations, rounding out the theme of my shoot perfectly.


Hair: Check Out Time by Exile ($1000 Fatpack)
Headpiece w/ Hummingbirds: Faery Headpiece 03 - Emerald by Miamai (Older Gatcha Item)
Tiara: Magical Meaning Princess Tiara - Glow In Darkness by Pink Acid @ Fantasy Gatcha Carnival ($50L)
Ears & Earrings: Fantasy Elf Ears by Mandala ($777L) (Multi HUD)
Skin: Nellie 03 - Fair - Glow Skin by LAQ ($1999L/10pk)
Eyeshadow: Electric Eyeshadow _ Green by La Boheme ($180L/10pk)
Lipstick: Vermillion Lip Creme - Lip 2 by M.O.C.K. Cosmetics (Group Gift)
Eyes: Xpressive - Green Light by MiaSnow (Over 2 Years Old)
Tattoo: Ruck-A-Pit Bridge - Light by EtchaFlesh Tattoos (Over 2 Years Old)
Wings: Starlight Wings - Toxic Green by Material Squirrel (2012 Hunt Item)
Dress: Snow Queen Gown S - Forest by The Annex @ Fantasy Gatcha Carnival ($50L)
Ring: Gianna by Burroughs (Over 2 Years Old)
Hands: AvEnhance Hands Female - Casual by Slink ($450L)
Feet: AvEnhance Feet Female - Flat by Slink ($675L)
Nails: Butterfly Wing by La Boheme ($50L)
Roses on Hand: Rose Gauntlet - Mixed Flirty by Southpaw ($200L/3 Color Fatpack)
Butterflies: by Spellworks ($50L) (Scripted Attachment)

Firefly Jar with Pose: . Fireflies - 4 by Infiniti ($50L In-Store Gatcha)
Other Poses: Most Wanted AO by Vista Animations ($1900L)

Location: Elven Forest

No comments: