Sunday, May 29, 2011

Aria by Eliza Wierwight

Aria

Last night, my friends Nigel & Orlando pointed me toward a gorgeous art exhibit called, "Aria" by Eliza Wierwight. These are undedited shots I took within the installation, using the artists' recommended windlight settings. (Clicking the Aria sign at the entrance of the tour will provide you with this information as well as additional details about the artist and her work.)

Ms. Wierwight says, "Aria was designed to be 'walked' through. To slowly reveal. I understand it's cheeky of me but I strongly suggest that you don't fly or cam around. Of course it's entirely up to you!!!!!" She also recommends enabling music and media, as she considers them to be "an integral part of the overall experience." I fully agree with both of these suggestions and am even going to go a step further and recommend listening to the music stream through headphones to further the immersive experience.

If you want to make an impression on that special someone, "Aria" would be the perfect place to do it - there are even places to sit and sip champagne (click the bottles in the ice buckets), a couples dance ball, and a beautiful keepsake music box you can pick up for free. Just hop on over to Originalia and take a leisurely stroll along the pathway, following the wooden signposts and, ideally, stopping to enjoy the other art installations along the way. I don't know how much longer this exhibit will be in place, so sooner is probably better than later.

Aria (2 of 2)

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm honoured you took the time to both visit and highlight my Aria, even more delighted that you enjoyed it.
Thank you.
-Eliza

Ezerbet Nitschke said...

You're quite welcome. :)