Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm Your Mardi Gras Superhero

I'm Your Mardi Gras Superhero (2 of 3)

It took me a couple of weeks, but I finally broke down and bought a pair of the Changeling Ears from Schadenfreude. I opted for the Spiral Horn version because I liked that the set came with two different ears for each side - one with just the spiral horn and one with a variety of small metal rings. As I've mentioned before, I have a fondness for accessories with multiple options, and this set not only gives me several different color options for the spirals, but I can also mix and match the different ears. I love them so much that I haven't taken them off since I purchased them, even though I've changed outfits and looks several times since then. This particular set costs $300, but you can get plain ones for a mere $150 or a pair with color-change plugs for $250. There's also a pair with a variety of Electro-Cute earrings for $325.

My hair is from the lucky boards I've been stalking at A&Y Bunker CyberShop and, like most of their hair, offers a variety of scripted color-change options (and some extra glowy bits I'm not wearing in these images). This hair is actually marketed as a male hair but, as you can see, it works just fine on female avatars.

Mardi Gras - Flux

My latex bodysuit and gloves are from Sn@tch, their contribution to the first Flux event. Flux is "a new [monthly] event starting in February featuring exclusive content from an eclectic and diverse selection of designers." Along with this outfit that makes me feel like a Mardi Gras superhero, I bought some artwork from Silent Sparrow, a chair for my house from Weather! or not?, a tattoo from Vestigium, and dropped a few handfuls of loose change into Schadenfreude's bead gatcha. (No boob flashing required!) I'm still tempted to go grab one of katat0nik's Jester dresses. You can see a lot of these items on the Flux website and pay a visit to the event in-world until February 27th.

I'm Your Mardi Gras Superhero (3 of 3)

Hair: Ritron Cyber - Grape by A&Y Bunker CyberShop (Lucky Board)
Hair Base: Etched Hair Base - Egypt - Black by Aitui ($299L/5pk)
Ears & Earrings: Changeling Ears with Spiral Horns by Schadenfreude ($300L/2pk/Color Change)
Skin: Mosaic Female Pierrot - 3 by Nomine ($100L on Sale)
Eyes: Shine - Mint by MiaSnow ($220L/9pk)
Eye Lights: Alive - Drake by les Fleurs Du Mâle ($1 on SL Marketplace)
Piercing: Monroe Stud Left - Platinum by Oh Tangerine ($50L)
Shirt, Pants, & Gloves: Parade by Sn@tch ($99L at Feb 2012 Flux - Ends 2.27.12)
Belt: Pirate Mate Sash - Plain by Deviance ($100L / scripted color change)
Boots: Overknee Boots - Purple by Guti Extravagant ($10L on SL Marketplace)
Pose #1: Ready to Fight by Essential Soul
Pose #2: Pose 3 by Ray Lunasea
Pose #3: Tess 04 by Doll
Pose #4: Ima Model by Snooky's Poses


Confession: When I changed back into this outfit to photograph it for this blog entry, I forgot I'd edited the spiral earrings to match another outfit until I was a few photos into the shoot. I thought about switching the color back to the original green and re-shooting the images, then decided I liked the contrast of the red to the traditional Mardi Gras palette.

No comments: