Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brandied Cherries

Brandied Cherries (1 of 2)

Remember when I mentioned that MiaSnow is one of my favorite designers? And remember when I told you about the skin sale she's having this weekend? If you do, then you probably aren't at all surprised that I did some shopping yesterday. After much deliberation, I settled on the Fresh skin in Pale, along with Makeup Packs 1 and 3. (At only $200L for 10 styles, I suspect I'll be going back for Makeup Pack 2 sooner rather than later.)

Each Fresh fatpack comes with 6 skins with tintable brows. At a sale price of $599L, that's only $100L per skin! (To be clear, ONLY the fatpacks are on sale.) I'm wearing the Scarlet skin from the Pale fatpack, which inspired me to put together the Rockabilly look you see here. Never fear though, Makeup Pack 1 has many carny-worthy options and Makeup Pack 3 is going to be perfect for those days when I'm feeling nostalgic for my goth phase.

MiaSnow also offers a very affordable shape pack for this series ($120L for all 4 shapes). There's one shape for each skin tone, though while trying out the demos I discovered they can sometimes be mixed and matched to create unique looks. Additionally, the shapes are copy/mod for further personalization. (I'm wearing the Petite shape for the Pale collection, with a few modifications to the body to suit my personal preferences. However, I left the shape of the face as MiaSnow created it.)

Other accessories for the Fresh skin line include a set of 12 colored brows (including a tintable option) ($50L) and a set of two breast options (big & small) for all skin tones on both tattoo & undershirt layers ($200L). Each style of makeup in the makeup packs comes with three versions on the tattoo layer -- both breast options as well as a make-up only option.

The skin sale ends this Sunday night and only applies to specific fatpacks, so take a gander at MiaSnow's blog entry with all of the details and head on over to beautiful TwoMoon Island. (There are several male skins on sale as well, so grab the men in your life and bring 'em with you!)

Brandied Cherries (2 of 2)

Skin: Fresh - Pale - Scarlett by MiaSnow
Eyes: Xpressive - Blue - Lite by MiaSnow (FREE at the Fab Free Headquarters)
Tattoos: Rollin' Hard - Dark by Para Designs ($60L 2/26/11 ONLY)
Shirt: SweetLady Blouse - Red by Xplosion (The Valentine Diva Hunt - ends 2/28/11)
Shape: Fresh - Petite by MiaSnow
Brows: Fresh by MiaSnow
Hair: Sabina II - Toffee by Artilleri
Earrings: Everyday Hoops - Silver by Ticky Tacky
Face Piercing: Monroe Stud - Left - Platinum by Oh Tangerine
Necklace: Cherry Necklace by Twisted & Spoiled (Hair Fair '09 Gift)
Navel Piercing: Star Belly Ring - Ruby by DbNR
Jeans: Spring Belted Capris - Blues by Moonshine Designs
Shoes: Espadrilles by Twisted & Spoiled (Hair Fair '09 Gift)
Nails: LB 179 by La Boheme
Pose: Stock Stand 146 by Sylva's Animation Factory

2 comments:

MiaSnow said...

wow thanks for the great review! looks great :)

Ezerbet Nitschke said...

You're welcome! I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment, I somehow managed to overlook it until now. *BLUSH*