Friday, February 25, 2011

Blueberries on Toast

Lola

I spent an absurd amount of time stalking the Lucky Boards at Dilly Dolls tonight, but my creepy patience paid off in the form of three skins and three outfits! (Much thanks to Whisper Despres at The Lucky Dispatch for letting her readers know about the boards.) Featured in this post are the Emile set in Violet and the Lillie skin. As someone with a shorter-than-average avatar who has a few curves, it's unusual for prim clothing to fit me right out of the box, so I was extremely pleased to discover that I only had to make a very minor adjustment to the prim corset which comes with this outfit -- everything else fit perfectly! While there's a lot to like about this outfit, I have to say that my contrary nature makes the mis-matched stockings my favorite feature.

The skin is gorgeous, with lush lips and detail which stands up to the scrutiny of a cam zoom, it's a wonderful addition to the inventory of anyone who appreciates a dark carny aesthetic. (It also comes with a "No Brows" option, but I haven't actually had the time to try that version on yet.)

At the moment, Dilly Dolls offers five different lucky boards for skins and three lucky boards for clothing. The skins remain the same for every round, but the clothing changes with each letter. As far as I can tell, there are two boards for women containing five different dresses in a variety of colors, and one board for men containing two outfits and what seems to be a fat pack of jewel-colored tank tops. There are also two Midnight Madness boards nearby, and a $10L - $25L retirement sale in front of the store.

The boots are actually men's boots from Deco resized to fit my avatar. The process was a bit tricky but ultimately fairly easy to do, even with my rudimentary building skills. At $300L, they were a mild splurge, but well worth it. (I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping for an excuse to buy the metallic red pair as well.)

Finally, yes, those are simple texture nails I'm wearing. I generally don't wear prim nails because they're so finicky when it comes to AOs, so I tend to forget about them when it comes time to photograph my outfits. Moving forward, I'll be making more of an effort to bring my avatar's manicure out of the past and into the eye-poking present.


Lola 2


Hat, Dress, Stockings, & Jewelry: Emilie Set - Violet by Dilly Dolls
Skin: Lillie - Tandy (Milk Toast) by Dilly Dolls
Tattoos: Timeless - Color - Medium by Para Designs
Eyes: Bloodshot - Blue by MiaSnow
Nails: Fireworks by Nevermore
Hair: Doris - Blueberry by Amacci
Boots: Test Boots - Starry by Deco
Pose in First Photo: ~N~ Cutsey4 by Vrai Infinity

No comments: