Tuesday, January 24, 2012

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

1_24_12 (1 of 4)

I've been wanting to put together an outfit around Fashionably Dead's superb Flying Fortress hair ever since I grabbed it on sale a few weeks ago. Then I stumbled across a sale on Angels Base - it seems Ancayi is having a closing sale and some of the other stores on the sim are also selling select items 50% off until January 31st. I grabbed up the pink leather jacket by Bubble and immediately threw it on with the pink Flying Fortress hair. I really liked the Minimini top I'd found in my inventory (a past DSN gift from DeeTaleZ) and the uneven socks from Kosh, but that's where the outfit stalled. For a couple of days I tried on various combinations of pants and shoes but couldn't quite get an outfit to gel; and my determination to wear pants instead of a skirt only seemed to make the process more difficult.

1_24_12 (3 of 4)

Since the jacket was from Bubble, I took a trip to the main store to see if they had anything to satisfy my picky nature. Unfortunately, they didn't have quite what I was looking for, but I did luck into a wild card on the lucky board and got a brand new freckly, punky skin to go with my outfit. After that it was off to League, another favored store of mine and where I hit the jackpot. Not only did I find a wonderful pair of tatty cut-offs, but they actually fully cover my bum and are completely closed in the front! (Is anyone else a bit weary of pants which display a significant portion of crack and/or are unzipped/unbuttoned?) So thrilled was I, that I decided to splurge on a pair of their leather suspenders, which matched up perfectly with the shorts. (The bracers come on several layers and with silver or gold metal bits as well as optional creases for the waistband of your pants or skirt.)

1_24_12 (3 of 4)

The black Docs I'd been wearing were switched out in favor of brown cowboy boots, which created a unity between the hat, suspenders, and shoes. Pleased as punch with my outfit, I twirled in front of Dmitr, who said, "You know what you need? A thigh holster." I laughed... and then realized he was right. Damn! Just when I thought my outfit was complete! This launched another search which also lasted a few days, partially because I wanted a holster and gun which looked good, but have no need for expensive scripted weapons. I finally found what I was looking for in Evolution's 9MM Thigh Belts. I'll admit that $350L was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but they're full perm, so I can tweak 'em to my little heart's content. As a finishing touch, I splurged on a thigh flask from Dirtyland, which comes complete with a little chain to keep the cap from getting lost. (You can see that and the other lovely details on the marketplace.)

Now... whadda ya say we blow this joint?

1_24_12 (4 of 4)

Hat w/Hair: Flying Fortress - Rainbow 10 by Fashionably Dead ($150L/5pk - On Sale)
Skin: Ophelia w/Freckles Dark Brow by Bubble (Group Only Lucky Board - Free to Join)
Eyes: Shine - Mint by MiaSnow ($220L/9pk)
Piercing: Monroe Stud Left - Platinum by Oh Tangerine ($50L)
Tattoos: Cetus MM933 Stars & Piercings by Letis Tattoo ($200L)
Jacket: Short Leather Jacket - Pink by Bubble ($80L - On Sale)
Shirt: Minimini Top - Camouflage by DeeTaleZ ($120L)
Nails & Fingertape: Taped Fingers & Black Nails - Index, Middle by SiniStyle Designs ($25L)
Suspenders: Grandad Braces -Brown/Silver by League ($115L)
Shorts: Frayed Denim Shorts - Warm Blue by League ($150L)
Socks: Stripe Sox - Pink by Kosh (Discontinued?)
Thigh Flask: Pocket Flask Legband by Dirtyland ($165L)
Gun & Holster: 9MM Thigh Belts by Evolution ($350L)
Boots: Cowgirl Boots - Brown by Hoorenbeek ($200L - On Sale)
Pose: I'm Standing Here by Somatica (Closed?)

Location: Sarcastic

No comments: