Monday, January 05, 2015

DIY Home Decor

DIY Decorating

Recently I've been drooling over a new bed that's completely out of my price range - especially since I'm single in SL and rarely use the gorgeous bed I already have. Then I realized that I was primarily drawn to the lights on the new bed and that I'd bought a huge set of low-prim lights for Christmas. So I dove headfirst into my box of holiday decorations and added a few strings of lights to my existing bed with pretty pleasing results. I think this is a very good example of how one can take existing items and add personal touches to make them their own.

As a sidenote, this photo is completely untouched.

Bed: Canopy Bed - Mahogany Satins by Trompe Loeil ($650 PG / $1600L ADULT)
Lights: The Retro Bulbs by Real Waves ($299L on the Marketplace)

No comments: