Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Orange is the New Blog

Alex Vause

RL has been kicking my butt something fierce, leaving me with little time for SL and no time at all for this blog. However, tonight I found myself with a bit of time to kill before an SL movie night with friends, so I popped over to see what this month's Collabor88 had to offer. As usual, there were many cute items, but I was most pleased to see a new hairstyle by Exile.

I was wearing my glasses when I tried on the demo, and immediately thought "OMG! I look like Alex Vause!" When I mentioned it to Kavar Cleanslate, the genius behind Exile, and he admitted he's also a fan of ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, I immediately began to quietly scheme.

I popped over to the Marketplace and found this super affordable tan prison uniform by Inscribed. (They also offer an orange set if you want to rock the new inmate look.) The top and pants are one mesh piece that comes in 4 sizes, and the long-sleeved white undershirt is a system item that's worn on the shirt layer. (The ad shows a black undershirt, but the item is actually white, which matches the outfits in the show.) It also comes with a prim badge that's texture change, containing the IDs for Vause, Chapman, Crazy Eyes, Nichols, and Pennastucky. (You can also IM or send a notecard to the creator for a PSD file to create your own custom badge.)

I then grabbed a background image from ye olde interwebs, popped down to the photo studio in my basement, and started shooting. Now if I could only find me a Nichols.

Hair: Kissing Strangers by Exile ($888 Fatpack at Collabor88) (Individual color packs are $88L)
Skin: Nellie 03 [Fair] Glow skin by LAQ ($1999L/10pk)
Eyes: FATEeyes v3.0 by Fate ($395L on the Marketplace)
Clothing: OITNB Scrubs - Tan by Inscribed ($100L on the Marketplace)
Glasses: Nerd Glasses - Black by Voxxi ($10L on the Marketplace)
Hands: AvEnhance Hands Female - Casual by Slink ($450L)



No comments: