Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I love you much, it's not enough...

Amy  (4 of 4)

(Pose: Dark Beauty 9 by Striking Poses)

There's so much information to pass along about the outfits in this entry, that I'm going to restrain myself to a few brief comments here and there. (I heard that, Nigel.)

ALL OUTFITS:
Skin/Eyes/Eyebrows/Tattoos: Fame Factory: Amy Winehouse avatar by Brigida Oliphaunt
Hair: Amy Hair 1 by Alli&Ali Designs ($175L)
Eyeliner: Eyeliner Cat (Black) by Mons ($70 6/pk @ The Dressing Room Blue)
Piercing: Monroe Stud Left - Platinum by Oh Tangerine ($50L)
Shape: Fresh Petite (Pale) by MiaSnow

My sincere apologies to anyone who would like to purchase their own Amy Winehouse avatar. I could have sworn the set was still available on the SL Marketplace, but a quick search reveals I was entirely wrong. However, Ms. Oliphaunt seems to have embarked on a new SL venture called Baroque, so it's possible she'd be willing to sell some of her older inventory as well.

Amy - Diptych I (2 of 4)

This gorgeous dress popped up when, inspired by Amy Winehouse's look in the "Back to Black" video, I did a simple search for "pencil skirt" on the Marketplace. From the second I saw the demo on my avatar, I knew I was going to buy the dress, and that's before I discovered the detail in the texture and the way the wrinkles seem to move over my thighs as I stride across the grid. It's so worth the price tag. Oh, right, I was going to keep these comments brief. (I heard that too, Nigel.)

/me tiptoes back into the room to point out that the shoes are divine as well.

Dress: Maitreya Mesh Nolita Dress (Black) by Maitreya ($450L - 4 sizes - Demo Available)
Gloves: Leather Gloves (Black) by Magi Take Shop ($5L on SL Marketplace)
Stockings: Ebony by 1-800-Bettie's Vintage / Retro Shoe Store ($50L)
Shoes: Betly Heels (Onyx) by Label Mode ($50L @ The Fashion Garret)
Flower: Rose - White by Arctic Greenhouse ($45L)
Pose #1: Innocent Love 1 by Striking Poses ($50L)
Pose #2: Look at Me 2 by Striking Poses ($50L)

Please note that outfit shown above requires a mesh-capable viewer for the dress as well as one which which allows you to wear multiple alpha layers, since you'll need one for both the dress and the shoes. Phoenix 1.6.0.1600 renders mesh items, and I'm fond of its user interface, so it's my primary browser and I use Firestorm 3.3.0.24880 when I want to wear multiple alpha, tattoo, or clothing layers. (Alternately, you can wear the Khitten-Suede/Thick Heels from A-Bomb, which don't require an alpha layer.)


Amy - Diptych II (3 of 4)

These are reworkings of outfits I put together a few years ago. In fact, I think everything except the bowling shirt is new. I've included links to the original images below.

OUTFIT #1:
Original Photo
Shirt: Tank Me White/Plaid by Yellow Berry ($110L on SL Marketplace)
Nails: Red Dark by MiaSnow ($0 - Wearable Demo)
Pants: Frayed Denim Shorts - Warm Blue by League ($150L)
Shoes: Ballet Flats - Soft Pink Satin by MooShooZ! ($150L on SL Marketplace)
Pose: Look at Me 2 by Striking Poses ($50L)

OUTFIT #2
Original Photo
Shirt: Mike - Bowling Shirt - Red by Hell Bop ($25L on Sale)
Pants: Lara Denim Capris - Blue by DGD ($125L)
Shoes: Ballet Flats - Soft Pink Satin by MooShooZ! ($150L on SL Marketplace)
Pose: Lust in the Dust 9 by Striking Poses ($50L)


Amy - Triptych (1 of 4)

If I had the talent, I'd create SL versions of all of my favorite Amy outfits, including (but definitely not limited to) the little black number with the checkered tie, the pink & black argyle outfit that inspired her own fashion line, and the cute black and white dress which never seemed to quite fit the belt she always wore with it. If anyone would like to tackle this project or knows of anyone who already has, please do let me know!

Pose #1: Innocent Love 1 by Striking Poses ($50L)
Pose #2: Dark Beauty 9 by Striking Poses ($50L)
Pose #3: Maximus 1 by Striking Poses ($50L)

No comments: