Saturday, May 14, 2011

Anglophile Overkill

Anglophile Overkill (1 of 3)

Though I was born and largely raised in the United States, my heritage is primarily British. Due to that and the influence of Duran Duran on my formative years, I've been an Anglophile for the majority of my life. This means that I'm always on the lookout for quality Second Life merchandise with a Union Jack theme, and Insanya's UK SerieZ Capris are exactly that. The capris are only the second item I've purchased from Insanya, but so far I've been very pleased with their quality of merchandise - the prim cuffs and thigh pockets fit perfectly right out of the box and the textures have a nice grungy depth to them.

While attempting to figure out what to wear with my new pants, I decided to see if I could put together an outfit comprised entirely of well-made items based on the Union Jack. (I swear, it wasn't just an excuse to go shopping.) While this was definitely a project of a silly nature, I decided to avoid garish items like Union Jack patterned eyeballs, Dr. Seuss hats, etc. My one concession to that was my nails, because I simply couldn't resist the Anarchy nails Virtual Insanity released for their Super Bargain Saturday offering this week. These nails come in three different hand sizes (10/20/30) and offer a multitude of color and design options for each nail, allowing you to create a look truly your own. As you can see in the photo at the bottom of this post, I eventually opted to wear the Union Jack on only two fingers of each hand and went with plain blue polish on the rest. (Note: Each nail size comes in 2 different versions. The menu options available to you depend on which set of nails you're wearing and, yes, you can mix and match them.)

I then rummaged around the SL Marketplace where I found a great-looking $1L tank top, a pair of size-scripted sneakers, and a necklace with an artistic twist on the Union Jack. At that point, I decided that I'd probably reached the acceptable amount of flagwear on one body outside of a national holiday, so I hopped on the bus to London for a couple of photos. Below are all of the details of my outfit, with prices included when possible.

Anglophile Overkill (2 of 3)

Necklace: BC Naturals range 'yUKay' necklace by Black Crocus ($95L)
Shirt: Grunge Tanktop - British Flag by My Ts ($1L)
Prim Nails: Anarchy v1 by Virtual Insanity ($60L until midnight May 14, 2011)
Pants: SerieZ Capris - HC - UK by Insanya ($200L)
Shoes: Union Jack by McChucks ($125L)
Hair: H058 Group Gift by Black Maria (group is free to join)
Skin: Fresh - Pale (nude, blush) by MiaSnow
Lipstick: Lipstick v.1 by Garage
Eyes: Xpressive - Green by MiaSnow
Wrist Tattoos: Nautical Wrist Stars III by Aitui
Pose 1: Ashanti by Striking Poses
Pose 2: Luth Rockabilly 03 by Reel Expression
Laughing Expression: Lemmontree Emote HUD 1.1 by The Lemmontree (free)
Location: Mainland London West End (slurl)

Anglophile Overkill (3 of 3)

No comments: