Saturday, June 04, 2011

Tribute to a Doll

6_3_11 (1 of 2)

When I saw the eyebrows on Heartsick's Amor E Morte skin, I squealed with delight, slapped down my $75L for the fatpack, and scampered off to put together my best Amanda Palmer look. When I opened the box from Heartsick, I discovered the skin came in 3 tones with 6 makeup options each. As if that wasn't enough, each makeup comes with 2 eyebrow styles - normal and what I call "AFP brows," which are what's shown here. Each brow also comes with cleavage and no cleavage options. This is an older set of skins which is being retired, so if you're thinkin' about adding it to your collection, I wouldn't hesitate for too long. While you're there, grab the free fat pack of skins on the floor, as the Tairrie skin inside also has the lovely AFP eyebrows. (Actually, all of Amesha Jewell's skins are divine as are her voluptuous shapes.) I wish I could find more skins with interesting eyebrows like this or, even better, AFP eyebrows on a brow layer so I can wear them with all of my skins! I mean, just look at 'em!!

Okay, okay, enough about my eyebrows. (But, seriously guys, they're awesome!) I've been wanting to show you guys this hair from Dura for a long time, so I was pleased that it was just what I needed for this shoot. I then headed over to Rotten Toe who exceeded my expectations by offering up the perfect outfit for only $15L! (You see it very well in these photos, but it comes with prim fringe for both the skirt and top.)

I carried around a parasol for awhile before I remembered the free ukulele that I'd seen mentioned in the Virtual Vagabond blog. Hoping that it was still available, I 'ported over to the sim and, with a little poking 'round, happily discovered that luck was on my side.

Some gloves (with prim ribbons) from the SL Marketplace, my old standby Docs from Hoorenbeek, some MiaSnow peepers, a bottlecap necklace from Bliensen + MaiTai, and a tiny tophat from the Zombie Popcorn Hunt completed my look, so - resisting the urge to create a "Map of Tasmania" gesture - I set out to wander the grid.

6_3_11 (2 of 2)

Hair: Girl 16 - Black by Dura ($120L)
Hat:She Loves Black (w/o veil) by LaGyo (Zombie Popcorn Hunt #67 - ends 6.15.11)
Skin: Amor E Morte - Illusion - Absinthe w/ Faust EB2 by Heartsick ($75L Fatpack)
Lipstick: Lipstick v.12 by Garage
Eyes: Shine - Green by MiaSnow ($220L / 9pk)
Necklace: Bottle Cap ABC Necklace by Bliensen + MaiTai ($200L)
Tattoos: Shooting Star Full Version - Faded by Para Designs ($175L)
Dress & Stockings: Nekrotic Dress - Green by Rotten Toe($15L)
Gloves: Purple Knit Fingerless Gloves by Ross Seljan (SL Marketplace $30L)
Boots: Dr. H. Boots - Black by Hoorenbeek
Ukulele & Pose: Freebie from Sushi Train Marketplace

2 comments:

SpaceCase said...

Great post and photos, and thank you for the shout out. :)

I had a big ol' laughing session watching the video... twice. Thanks! :D

Ezerbet Nitschke said...

You're welcome and thank you for the compliments and all of the hard work you do on your own blog. :)

I'm glad you like the video! Amanda Palmer's music is often good for a smile (or letting off a bit of steam, it depends on the song, I suppose).